Adams County Community Foundation (ACCF)
“Spirit of Giving”
In recognition of the ACCF’s 20 Year Anniversary and the many volunteers in our community who have worked tirelessly to improve our community, the ACCF is sponsoring an award event to recognize the many, many Adams County volunteers who have impacted our community.
20 Years of Volunteerism
We all know someone who, for 20 years, has quietly volunteered to:
• Stuff the envelopes for the church mailing
• Tutor children after school…because they needed it
• Visit the sick or homebound
• Clean the nonprofit organization and does it because they have a shared passion for its mission
• Recognize a community need… and satisfied it
• Serve on a committee to promote the organization
• Arrange tables and chairs for events…time after time after time
• Worked in the kitchen or dining hall for various events in our community
• Served as an advisor for an organization that has served our community, etc.
You know these people…let’s bring them up from the back - straight to the front - and show our appreciation for their service!
General public: 20 Year Foundation recognitions…
“Spirit of Giving” awards
The ACCF, in recognition of our 20 years of service, will recognize many Adams County volunteers in our community who have quietly and dutifully service our residents with a ‘Sprit of Giving’ recognition.
• Community Spirit: For the individual that puts their heart and soul into their community.
• Spirit of Philanthropy: For the individual/couple that continues to provide monetary support for the good of others.
• Entrepreneurial Spirit: Given to a company that gives back to the community.
• Excellence in Education: For the teacher that displays not only the art of education but the talent of giving back to the students.
• Make a Difference: Given to an individual or organization that improves the quality of life for its community.
More Award Categories may be added. However, the theme of each award and application submitted should be wrapped around the "Spirit of Giving".
The application process is simple. The application may be submitted by a spouse, friend, family, neighbor, or even anonymously. Once the applications have been collected, a phone call may be made to clarify details or to gather more information.
It is anticipated there will be multiple award winners in each of the categories. An author may consider nominating more than one volunteer. However, the ACCF selection committee will separate the application by category, the author of the application will not need to identify the voluteer’s category.
To request an application: Stop by the ACCF or email the Foundation at ACCFoundation@earthlink.net
The due date is the Friday, July 15, by 4:00 pm. For the Spirit of Giving Application - ck here:Spirit of Giving Application
Act Now for additional points:
August 25, 6:00 pm, at the Kekionga Festival / Decatur's 175th Anniversary the ACCF will reveal the many volunteers who will be awarded with the highest levels of recognition; however, all applications will generate this letter:
‘Thank you for your Premiere Volunteer Service’
This letter will be sent to the volunteer (who has been nominated) for recognition detailing their noted volunteer service
The committee will review all applications. A point system will be used to determine highest level award. To generate excitement, one extra point* will be awarded to the application based on the early submission of the applications. The due date is by the Friday, July 15, by 4:00 pm .
· 4 extra years: Applications submitted by March 31 (Thursday / by 4:00 pm)
· 3 extra years: Applications submitted by April 29 (Friday / by 4:00 pm)
· 2 extra years: Applications submitted by May 31 (Tuesday/ by 4:00 pm)
· 1 extra year: Applications submitted by June 30 (Thursday / by 4:00 pm)
· Final due date: Applications due by July 15, 2011 (Friday / by 4:00 pm)
The awards will be will be based on the person’s years of service, type of volunteerism, variety of volunteer service, and the number of those whose lives have been impacted by this volunteer.