Fund Est. 2002
Geneva Bank, established 1889.
Bank of Geneva, established 1893.
As early as 1885, Charles D. Porter put a large burglarproof safe in his drug store and rendered what accommodation he could to those whose business required them to handle large sums of money. In 1889, Mr. Porter started the Geneva Bank. When the building for the Bank of Geneva was completed, in 1893, the Bank of Geneva was organized. The Board, at that time, was: Charles D. Porter (husband of famous author Gene Stratton-Porter), David Studabaker, W.H. Niblick, R.B. Allison, A.G. Briggs, S.W. Hale, George Hartman, and some others. The original capital stock was $45,000.00
The Bank continues to proudly serve the local community just like it has for over 115 years.
(Information collected from the 1897 Snow’s History of Adams County, Indiana John F. Snow, Editor, p. 113).